Healthcare Advisory Board
The Board of Directors of the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation is comprised individuals with unique and diversified talents, drawing on their experience in multiple careers as well as successful backgrounds. However, the most important attribute each brings to the Foundation is a deep respect and commitment to the passions and ideals that Jimmy Miller held dear. It is the goal of the Board to benefit others by translating his core values, including his belief in the therapeutic benefits of the ocean.
Nancy was the Associate Editor of Well Bella Magazine and writes about the Mind/Body Connection, Bella Bodies and Healthy Travel. Nancy specializes in charity event production and cause-related marketing for several non-profit organizations including the Elton John AIDS Foundation. She co-produced the annual EJAF Oscar Night Viewing Party and coordinated their cause-related charity events.
She was also Special Projects Coordinator for Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Future Society and produced “An Evening with Keiko, Cameron & Cousteau” and created fund-raising opportunities for Ocean Futures Society around the world.
- South Bay Youth Project
- Women at Risk
- Richstone Family Center
- Women in Film Philanthropy Board Member
- Elton John Aids Foundation
- Ocean Futures Society
Wife, mother, “nanny Nancy” to Riley and Austin, sister, friend, traveler, scuba-diver, surfer, “beach mom and water person. Learned to surf at age 50. Practices yoga and Pilates. Power walks on the strand by the ocean.
Connection to JMMF (sigh)
This is how I honor my son’s life. Jimmy’s pure love of surfing and his ability to teach others is an inspiration. The foundation is a way to keep Jimmy’s spirit alive and help others experience the healing power of the ocean.
Nancy worked with non-profits most of her professional life. With the love and support of family, friends and community, Nancy has facilitated and coordinated volunteers and communications for the JMMF Foundation. “I believe we are healing others and ourselves, “one wave at a time,” through the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation.
Andy is the VP of Sales for MindOverEye, a division of TEN – The Enthusiast Network. Andy was a co-founder of Mind Over Eye Inc., sold his business to Source Interlink Media and now represents the full-service creative studio located in El Segundo. MindOverEye develops creative and content for marketing/advertising through production, postproduction, interactive, web/app development and emerging media.
Prior to forming Mind Over Eye, Andy managed advertising sales for various magazines and brands for Petersen Publishing including the Latin America territory for Skin Diver (scuba diving), the Action Sports Group (Surfer, Snowboarder, Skateboarder, Powder and Bike) and the NBC-televised action sports festival, the Gravity Games
- Past Chairman of the South Bay Chapter, Surfrider Foundation
- Founder & Past Chair of CREW, Young Adults Group at Manhattan Beach Community Church
- Finance Board Chair, Social Action Board, Manhattan Beach Community Church
- Mission Leader, Casa de Paz & Door of Faith Orphanages, Baja
- Home Team Leader, Missions, Kings Harbor Church
- Teacher, Children’s Ministry, Kings Harbor Church
- Married to wife Jena for 13 years, daughter Amanda Joy (2008) and two labs Maya & Tibu living in Redondo Beach
- Surfing, Snowboarding, Volleyball, Friends, Family, God
Connection to JMMF:
- Grew up with Jimmy at 4th St in Manhattan Beach surfing, volleyball, friends
- Attended UC Berkeley with Jimmy, Roommates in college
- Family friends with Jim, Nancy, Jeff & Alissa
- Desire to share my and Jimmy’s love of surfing and therapeutic nature of the ocean with those less privileged and those that have sacrificed for our country